The mission of the American Board of Prosthodontics is to certify individuals who have demonstrated special knowledge and skills in prosthodontics. The board also seeks to certify those who are committed to life-long learning and a lifetime of ethical practices, who value the doctor/patient relationship, who respect those with philosophical, cultural or physical differences and who are committed to the advancement of prosthodontics.
- Board Certification exams occur twice annually
- Certifications are good for 8 years
- Locate a Board Certified Prosthodontist here
For questions about the certifying examination and examination logistics, contact us here. Please note that The American Board of Prosthodontics will not provide guidance regarding specific therapies that must be determined and justified by the candidate during the examination.
For other questions, contact us here:
- Candidate required qualifications
- Application to become Board eligible
- Confirmation that the submitted qualifying credentials are complete
- Online payments – candidate application for Board-eligibility, examination application fees, dues, recertification, credential verification, etc.
- Continuing education entry (for Diplomates)
- Recertification timing (for Diplomates)
- Questions about dues (for Diplomates)
- Request for documents (for Diplomates)